General Practitioner (VR-GP) | Reproductive & Sexual Health | Multiple Locations
General Practitioner (VR) position available at reproductive & sexual health NGO. Desired minimum 2 days per week.
Part time - Newcastle / Dubbo
- Salary packaging available
- Professional support and development provided
General Practitioner (VR) position available at reproductive & sexual health NGO. Desired minimum 2 days per week. State of the art facilities with comprehensive clinical supports and opportunities to build your procedural skills, provide professional education and participate in FIFO across Western NSW.
Newcastle: Shifts now available on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays & Fridays, 8.30am-5.00pm.
Dubbo: Shifts now available Monday – Friday, 8.30am-5.00pm.
Family Planning Australia (FPA) is the leading provider of reproductive and sexual health services in NSW. As an independent not-for-profit organisation, we offer expert clinical care, information, and advice for everybody in every family as well as education and training and evidence-based research to support doctors, nurses, and other professionals.
Develop and expand your skills in primary care reproductive and sexual health with opportunities to expand your procedural skills in contraceptive implant and IUD insertion/removal, colposcopy, vasectomy and surgical abortion. Opportunities are available to provide medical education in both the clinical and classroom setting and to build your rural skills by participating in our FIFO services across Western NSW. Leadership development is also available to build your medical leadership skills and progress your career.
We are currently recruiting for VR General Practitioners in the following locations:
- Reproductive and sexual health focused scope of practice
- Access to salary packaging ($15,900pa) plus meal/entertainment ($2,650pa) increasing your fortnightly take home pay
- Access to paid leave entitlements including annual leave, personal/careers leave, parental leave, study leave
- Learning & development support
- Engage in other organisational opportunities
- Professional education – clinical supervision, lectures, webinars, community of practice
- Research – reproductive and sexual health research studies and publications
- International Development – capacity building of health care providers in the Pacific
- Leadership – medical leadership and clinical governance
Modern clinical facilities
- Multidisciplinary team
- AINs available to assist with clinic procedures (IUD, vasectomy, colposcopy)
- Comprehensive clinical support structures
- Internal referral pathways to licensed day surgery
- Fully accredited against the National Safety & Quality Healthcare Standards
- All staff must fully support the FPA values https://www.fpnsw.org.au/about-us/who-we-are
- FPA is a pro-choice organisation
Click here to access the full position description
Contact Evonne Ong, Acting Medical Director on 02 8752 4294 or email@example.com for a confidential discussion.
The General Practitioner (VR) is responsible for the provision of high quality reproductive and sexual health clinical services to Family Planning Australia clients and is required to work effectively in a team environment.
Base Full Time Salary: $183,535 - $208,534 (salary is based on experience)
- Primary medical degree with current AHPRA registration as a General Practitioner (VR) or Specialist Sexual Health Physician
- Unrestricted Medicare provider number
- FPAA Certificate in Reproductive and Sexual Health (or equivalent) – theory component
- Broad based clinical experience with previous experience in reproductive and sexual health
- Skills in LARC insertion (implant and/or IUD) or willingness to be trained in same
- Skills in abortion provision (medical and/or surgical) or willingness to be trained in same
- High level interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated ability to effectively utilise electronic medical record systems
- Must have Australian working rights
- FPAA Certificate in Reproductive and Sexual Health (or equivalent) – practical component
- Previous experience in clinical instruction and/or clinical research
- Ability and willingness to participate in FIFO service delivery in Western NSW
- A Criminal Record Check and Working With Children Check are required prior to commencement
- Immunisation/vaccination requirements apply
Contact for Pre-Application Enquiries
- Family Planning Australia
- Contact Name
- Evonne Ong
- 8 Holker Street Newington NSW 2127