GP Visiting Medical Officer COVID 19 Vaccination clinic
An opportunity has arisen whereby HNE is recruiting medical staff to work on a shift basis in the COVID 19 Vaccination clinic. This clinic will operate 7 days per week 8am to 8pm (weekend hours 830-430). Successful applicants would join a team of GP’s currently working in the clinic
A PD of what the job entails is below and attached
Should people want to discuss the position further, please contact Dr Lee Fong on 0490 147 009. Dr Fong currently works in the clinic and can provide operational advice
If people wish to express their interest in applying, please contact Ms Sally Jordan, Senior medical recruitment consultant, who can collect relevant details and expressions of interest. Sally can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
In application to Sally it would be useful to include a copy of your CV, as well as a brief description of how you meet relevant selection criteria.
Thank you for your interest in this exciting position
Dr Paul Craven
Executive Director | Children, Young People and Families Services
Medical Controler COVID 19 HNELHD
Hunter New England LHD
HNE District Headquarters, Lookout Road New Lambton NSW 2305
Locked Bag 1, New Lambton NSW 2305
Tel 02 49214940 | Fax 02 49214959 | Mobile 0439390053 [SD 68106]
• Provide pre vaccination advice and support to COVID 19 vaccination clinic attendees and staff, as well
as urgent post vaccination care awaiting NSW Ambulance (on site). Working with the vaccination team
as part of the medical response.
• Lead the provision of a best practice, evidence based COVID 19 vaccination to NSW residents,
residing in Hunter New England and to participate in the relevant teaching, training, data collection and
research programs of the COVID 19 vaccination unit.
• Communicate and behave in ways that are consistent with the HNE Health Values and the NSW Health
Code of Conduct to provide excellence in care for all clients of the Vaccination clinic.
• Ensure that work is conducted in a manner that demonstrates values of cultural respect in accordance
with HNE Health's Closing the Gap strategy.
• Ensure services are provided in accordance with NSW Health risk management, safety and quality
frameworks so that optimal, safe and appropriately assessed patient/client care is delivered within
COVID 19 Vaccination clinic
• Promote a team work learning environment fostering collegial relationships to ensure safe, effective and
• Provide high quality virtual and face to face care to the high risk attendees of the COVID 19 vaccination
clinic, consulting, where appropriate with specialist colleagues, to facilitate management, and
appropriate vaccination with COVID 19 vaccines to residents of Hunter New England.
• Provide patient centered care by demonstrating effective clinical problem solving and judgment to address
patient and staff problems, including interpreting available data and integrating information
• Implement an effective management plan, where pre vaccination risks are identified and managed, in
collaboration with the patient and the multidisciplinary team, as required.
• Ensure detailed care plans are in place and recorded, supporting timely management of the patient
• Ensure appropriate communication occurs with the vaccination clinic staff
• Effectively perform a consultation, as required when pre vaccination risks are notified
• Identify and appropriately respond to relevant ethical issues arising in patient care
• Act as a patient advocate by ensuring that the rights, safety, privacy and confidentiality of patients are
• Consult, Communicate and liaise with health care professionals within the multidisciplinary team to ensure
seamless continuity of care and service for the patient that optimises outcomes
• Deliver information to a patient, colleagues and other professionals in a humane manner
and in such a way that it is understandable, encourages discussion and participation in decision-making.
• Recognise and respect the diversity of roles, responsibilities and competences of other professionals in
relation to their own
• Participate in multidisciplinary training and education, as required
• Comply with mandatory education and training for the COVID 19 vaccination clinic program
Major challenges for the occupant of the position include:
• Effectively address challenging communications issues such as obtaining informed consent, helping
patients make informed decisions and addressing confusion and misunderstanding, with evidence
• Achieving an optimal balance between efficiency, access, safety and effectiveness in the provision of
medical services in the vaccination clinic.
• Engaging and building consensus between clinicians across a large geographical area and a diversity of
• Managing community expectations in regards to the delivery of vaccination services.
• Providing advice to remote vaccination hubs in HNE regarding pre vaccination concerns, “red flags”.
Contact for Pre-Application Enquiries
- 0490 147 009
- Hunter New England Local Health District
- Contact Name
- Dr Lee Fong
- Belmont Vaccination Hub