GPs with a special interest in Child & Adolescent Mental Health
Are you a GP with a special interest in child & adolescent mental health or neurodiversity?
There is currently a significant need for GP's confident in managing either single conditions (eg ADHD, ASD, eating disorders, complex trauma, emotional dysregulation, depression, anxiety, gender or sexual identity) or the broad scope of presentations in children and/or adolescents.
There is particularly high demand for GPs confident either:
- performing diagnostic assessments and referring for multi-disciplinary care whilst waiting for paed/psychologist assessment and formal diagnosis (eg ASD)
- taking on the role of prescriber in conditions where GPs have access to prescribe the full scope of medications (eg depression, anxiety)
- take on the role of interim prescriber using second line agents where the child/family are in crisis and there is an immediate need for medication (eg ADHD), or a paediatrician/psychiatrist opinion is required to clarify diagnosis/most appropriate agent.
- taking on the medical management of eating disorders in conjunction with eating disorders dietitian, psychologist/psychiatrist
Join a male and a female GP, one providing child and one providing adolescent mental health (including eating disorders) consultations. We have a senior registrar with a special interest in ASD/ADHD who will join the clinic once they finish their exams. We currently refer psychology off-site but are hoping to have a number of psychologists join us in the near future.
We work alongside 4 speech pathologists, 2 paediatric OTs and a developmental educator.
The clinic is currently 100% private billing with GPs paying a 30% service fee.
Contact for Pre-Application Enquiries
- The Lorn Surgery
- Contact Name
- Dr Craig Richards
- 67 Bulwer St, Maitland NSW 2320