Medical Receptionist +/- Traineeship
We require an experienced medical receptionist to play a key role in the daily running of a busy medical practice. This is a Part-Time role.
For the right applicant, we will also consider putting on a trainee. You must be dedicated, responsible and hard working. You will complete a Certificate III through TAFE or similar over the course of 18-24 months.
This is a front of house role which requires a warm and welcoming person who is experienced in greeting and checking in patients. You must be aware that you are the first contact a patient has with the practice, and must maintain complete professionalism at all times.
This role requires the ability to maintain a level head in a fast paced environment. You will be required to liaise with patients in the practice and on the phone, while also handling requests from our doctors and nursing staff. Time management skills are important, and you must be able to triage all requests so that they are completed in an appropriate time frame.
You will be required to work closely with all members of the practice team. We work as a close unit at all times, so it is important to maintain high levels of communication.
- 2+ years as a medical receptionist in a general practice setting
- 2+ years experience in Best Practice Software (or similar)
- Processing of Medicare claims, both Online and Easy Claiming
- Processing of patient accounts using TYRO or similar
- Exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrated computer experience using Outlook, Word, Excel
- Ability to work Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday during the hours of 8am-5pm
- Per current Public Health Orders, all employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
- Current CPR training
- Medical administration or business course completed
- Triage for General Practice training
- Immediate start for the right candidate
- Above award wage
- You will join a supportive and caring environment
Please see the attached position description for specific duties. These duties are subject to change.
Applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be contacted. Previous applicants need not apply.
Contact for Pre-Application Enquiries
- Hamilton Medical Centre
- Contact Name
- Melissa Neave
- Level 1, 400 Glebe Road
Hamilton South NSW 2303