Psychologists and Allied Health Professionals (Medicare Registered)
headspace Taree consists of a team of health professionals that provide support and therapeutic services to young people 12 – 25 years in the areas of: mental health, drug and alcohol, primary health and educational and vocational services.
- Flexible days around your current schedule
We are currently looking for experienced Registered Psychologists or Mental Health Accredited Allied Health Professionals to provide services in a primary health care setting at our “one stop shop” in Taree under an early intervention/ prevention framework for young people with mild to moderate mental health issues who have been referred by a General Practitioner. You must have experience with adolescent mental health and wellbeing, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of young people.
This is an opportunity to work as a Private Practitioner within the headspace Taree multidisciplinary team operated by the Samaritans Foundation. Our Private Practitioners have the opportunity to work collaboratively with our General Practitioner, other Private Allied Health Providers and experienced intake and assessment team. You will also have the opportunity to work in collaboration with our government and non-government partner services.
Applicants must hold:
- An Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia or other Professional Governing body
- Professional indemnity insurance
- A current Working with Children Check
- Medicare Provider Number
In addition, applicants must be willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Check and be eligible to provide focused psychological and other services under the MBS Better Access Scheme.
Some of the benefits we offer our practitioners are:
- The opportunity to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including our headspace Intake and Assessment team, Psychologists, Social Workers, Drug and Alcohol Workers, General Practitioner and Early Intervention Youth Workers for case discussion & seamless referrals
- Support from our reception staff to schedule and confirm appointments for clients
- Assistance for clients to access a range of community support services including accommodation, vocational, education and training, family therapy and financial assistance
- Reasonable facility fee rates
- A steady and continual stream of clients wishing to access services and support.
- Flexible hours of work
Contact for Pre-Application Enquiries
- headspace Taree (Samaritans Foundation)
- Contact Name
- Meg McPaul
- 1/101a Pulteney Street, Taree, 2430