General Practice Nurse (RN or EN)
Providence Medical Thornton are looking for an enthusiastic and friendly nurse to join our growing team! Our Practice has a strong focus on preventative health and helping our patients achieve their best health outcomes through professional nursing services working alongside our GP's. Above award wages offered and excellent opportunities for further educational courses.
As well as providing acute care we are looking for an enthusiastic nurse to actively participate and engage in preventative health for our patients including assisting the GP's in completing GP management plans, team care arrangements and a variety of health assessments. You will be supporting our current team of 4 nursing staff to assist our 10 GPs in excellent deliverance of care to our growing population.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification and nursing registration certificate
- Minimum of one year nursing experience, preferably in a community-based role.
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of general practice and interest in community-based nursing including patient education and health promotion.
- Knowledge of current immunisation schedules, Diabetes Management, Asthma Management, Enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques, equipment and drugs.
- Immunisation accredited or willingness to obtain.
- Competence in the use of Best Practice Software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-developed time management skills
- The ability to remain focused under pressure
- Proven capacity to work in a team environment
- Desire to deliver quality care, innovative and best practice services.
Contact for Pre-Application Enquiries
- Providence Medical Thornton
- Contact Name
- Sharnna Graves
- Suite 3, 2 Poynton Place Thornton NSW 2322