- CLINICAL: Perform clinical duties within required level of clinical competency. Explain procedures to patients, providing them with support and reassurance. Duties include triage, immunisation's and other injections; wound management, chronic disease management, ECG’s and collection of pathology samples including bloods. Assist doctors with clinical procedures. Maintain clinical documentation.
- PATIENT SERVICES: Assist with triage, data management, diagnostic services, networking with other providers, planning & management of patient care and patient advocacy. Telephone patients with test results as directed by GP's
- IMPROVEMENT OF PATIENT HEALTH OUTCOMES: Conduct preventative/screening procedures; assist with patient education and community health promotion activities. Co-ordinate patient recall and outreach programs and GP management plans and team care arrangement.
- EQUIPMENT & SUPPLIES: Ensure sterilisation and maintenance of clinical equipment. Maintain stocks of clinical supplies, including correct storage (such as refrigeration)
- COMPLIANCE: Maintain awareness of current and new legislation to ensure business is complying with all statutory and regulatory obligations including infection control, sterilisation, hazardous materials & safe handling/disposal of medical waste, records management, OHS, and accreditation.
- PROFFESSIONAL: Act within the practice and nursing code of ethics & appropriate level of clinical competence at all times. Maintain awareness of current evidence and research on clinical practices and inform/educate other practice staff.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of and compliance with all relevant legislation and common law obligations affecting nursing.
- Discharge of duty of care in the course of practice including meeting practice standards, and accountability for nursing actions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of policies and procedural guidelines that have legal implications, for example, ensure documentation conforms to legal requirements.
- Practice only within the limits of their educational preparation and competence.
- Identify and respond to unsafe practice, for example, implement interventions to prevent unsafe practice and/or contravention of law.
- Demonstrated patient-focused approach in service provision with genuine empathy and interest in their needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills across all ages and social groups.
- Undertake all duties in a diligent manner, with honesty and integrity,
- Maintain absolute confidentiality regarding patient and practice information.
- Have a vigilant attitude to accuracy, being prepared to double check as necessary. Ability to work cooperatively and independently. & Ability to prioritise and organise, with attention to detail.
- Possession of current driver’s licence
- Appropriate tertiary qualification & registration certificate.
- Minimum of one years nursing experience, preferably in a community-based role.
- Knowledge of current immunisation schedules, Diabetes management, asthma management, enhanced primary care items, infection control, CPR and emergency resuscitation techniques, equipment & drugs.
- Experience in similar role as practice nurse or community-based nursing.
Hours Of Work
Monday to Friday hours.
However it is expected that our staff will work extra time on occasions if this is required to deliver essential patient care.
Breaks: 60 minutes for lunch and 10 minutes each for morning and afternoon tea
Casual/Full time position with a qualifying period of 3 months.
Professional development provided or expected.
Requirement for use of own vehicle, if essential to the position.
Potential for contact with hazardous material such as blood & body fluids.
May be required to have some immunisations.