Priority Allied Health Services Program (PAHS)
Our PHN provides funding to a number of organisations across the region who deliver a range of different allied health services through the Priority Allied Health Services Program (PAHS).
The aim of PAHS is to improve the health and wellbeing of people across our region by increasing access to a range of primary and allied health services and activities. They are provided in targeted communities, predominantly focusing on residents living in small and more rural locations with identified health needs.
The objectives of the PAHS program are to:
- Provide and maintain access to supplementary allied health and primary care services that are based on identified health needs in each community.
- Promote coordinated, multi-disciplinary team based approaches to the provision of integrated primary health care services.
- Provide and maintain access to relevant health promotion and preventative health programs and activities designed to promote health and wellbeing.
- Encourage people in rural and remote Australia to adopt or modify behaviours to better manage their health and wellbeing.
- Reduce barriers and improve access to primary health care services for older people who are living in a Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF) or in the community.
If you have any queries regarding the PAHS program please contact Mitchell Cootes, Flexible Funding Coordinator at HNECC PHN firstname.lastname@example.org
Services & Communities
Below is a list of the services and communities that are currently funded through the program:
Aberdeen, Denman, Merriwa, Murrurundi, Muswellbrook, Scone
Armidale, Barraba, Bingara, Buladelah, Dungog, Glen Innes, Gloucester, Gunnedah, Manilla, Moree, Scone, Singleton,Taree, Tentereld, Tingha, Walcha, Warialda
Armidale, Barraba, Bingara, Boggabri, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Manilla, Moree, Mungindi, Narrabri, Quirindi, Walcha, Warialda, Wee Waa
Ashford, Bingara, Boggabri, Bundarra, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Guyra, Moree, Narrabri, Tamworth, Uralla, Walcha, Warialda, Wee Waa
Armidale, Inverell, Glen Innes, Walcha, Tenterfield
Bingara, Boggabri, Boomi (Paediatric), Gunnedah, Inverell, Moree, Mungindi (Paediatric), Narrabri, Warialda, Wee Waa
Armidale, Barraba, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Guyra, Inverell, Manilla, Moree, Mungindi, Muswellbrook, Narrabri, Quirindi, Scone, Wee Waa
Armidale, Boggabri, Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Guyra, Inverell, Inverell, Narrabri, Quirindi, Tamworth, Tenterfield, Walcha, Wee Waa
Primary Health Care Nursing
Glen Innes, Gunnedah, Guyra, Gwydir, Inverell, Liverpool Plains, Moree Plains, Narrabri, Tamworth Regional, Uralla, Walcha.
Lake Macquarie, Newcastle
Boggabri, Forster, Gloucester, Inverell, Taree, Wee Waa
Want to know more?
If you are interested to learn more about accessing these services please contact the program coordinator Mitch Cootes on email@example.com.