RACF Wellbeing Grants
Last updated July 21, 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic has hit older Australians particularly hard as one of the most vulnerable populations to the virus. This has resulted in residential aged care facilities (RACFs) being locked down, staff dealing with COVID-19 related deaths, outbreaks, staffing shortages, and potential job losses due to mandatory vaccination.
There are approximately 180 RACFs in the HNECC footprint. The PHN is providing an opportunity for RACFs in the region to apply for a RACF Staff Wellbeing Grant.
The RACF Staff Wellbeing grants are a small token of appreciation for RACF staff in recognition of the trying circumstances of the last year. The Wellbeing grant will provide an opportunity for staff to reconnect, socialise and acknowledge the importance of wellbeing and resilience. The PHN will also provide each grant recipient with a Resilience and Wellbeing fact sheet.
Activities or initiatives that bring together the broader care teams supporting a RACF, including GP’s and Allied Health professionals and RACF staff, are highly encouraged.
The value of the grant available will be related to the size of the facility as follows:
- Under 50 beds = $250 ex GST
- 51-175 beds = $500 ex GST
- Over 175 beds = $750 ex GST
Grants open on 28th March 2022.
STOP PRESS: Grant applications have been extended due to the rising level of COVID infections within Aged Care Facilities. The Wellbeing Grant is a small way of acknowledging the extra effort required of staff during this difficult time.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS NOW FRIDAY 3O SEPTEMBER, 2022.
What can be funded
- Morning/afternoon tea to promote socialisation and recognition of the hard work undertaken over the last 12 months.
- Team activity such as yoga, tai chi, bootcamp in the park
- Contribution to team dinner (alcohol cannot be purchased with funding)
- Hire of guest speaker to discuss wellness/resilience
- Small items to uplift common staff areas such as lunchrooms
What cannot be funded
- Alcohol cannot be purchased with funding
Who can apply
Residential Aged Care Facilities within the HNECC region.
- To be eligible for the grant the RACF must complete the online application form, supplier form and provide an invoice as instructed.
- The applicant must provide a short, up to 50-word, description of what they will use the funding on.
- The applicant must tick the declaration box stating the funds will be spent within accordance of the guidelines, and they will endeavour to provide a short summary and photos of their well-being activity if possible.
Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions will apply to all successful grantees:
- HNECC PHN Terms and Conditions will apply,
- Applicants must be incorporated organisations, or partnered with an incorporated organisation or local government entity (which will receive and manage the grant).
Upon receipt and approval of your application your grant funds will be deposited into the nominated account within 15 working days. The payment will be from HNECC Ltd.