Last updated May 13, 2022
The PHN has funded a local community campaign to support key messaging through the winter season.
The content strategy is formed around the campaign concept Winter is Coming, Are you Ready?
The campaign key messages include:
Winter is Coming, Are you ready?
It is predicted to be a challenging winter with a combination of COVID and respiratory conditions - particularly influenza. This winter we encourage you to do three things.
- Be prepared (winter-ready kit)
- Be armed (vaxed)
- flu shot / booster timings
- high-risk/ vaccination
- Be your own champion
- basic infection control
- Patientinfo - knowing where to go for medical care
The secondary campaign key message is:
Leave emergency for emergencies, Know where to go for medical help.
In an emergency phone 000 immediately for an ambulance or visit the closest hospital Emergency Department.
The hospital emergency department is for major, life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
There are other places you can go for help if you're simply feeling unwell, or have a minor injury or illness:
- Call your GP - after hours care may be available through your normal general practitioner
- Visit www.healthdirect.gov.au and use the HealthDirect Health Service Directory to find an alternate GP
- Use the HealthDirect online Symptom Checker to find out if you need to seek medical help
- Call the HealthDirect hotline to speak to a registered nurse on 1800 022 222
- Speak to a pharmacist - for local pharmacy opening hours, go to www.findapharmacy.com.au
- Visit Patientinfo for medical care information specific to your condition and location.
- Hunter New England www.patientinfo.org.au
- Central Coast www.ccpatientinfo.org.au
The campaign includes 30 second videos from GPs summarising the campaign and key messages.
The videos are being promoted through a paid social campaign and are hosted on a dedicated campaign microsite Winter is Coming - Primary Health Network (thephn.com.au)
The campaign is also being supported through paid radio advertising.
The consumer facing online microsite includes subpages supporting the three key messages – and hosts a range of key links.
A suite of posters and electronic flyers are being supplied to local General Practices and Pharmacies. The collateral features a QR code and links people to Patientinfo where they can access localised health information and assistance.
Download resources here
HEALTH PROFESSIONALS’ TOOLKIT
To support HNECC health professionals an online toolkit is available on The PHN website. The toolkit contains the latest advice for health professionals in relation to vaccination, after hours support, COVID and more.