Health-e Together Digital Care Grants
Last updated May 23, 2022
The PHN’s Digital Health Strategy aims to “deliver improved health outcomes through strong digital health foundations that lead to accessible, equitable, safe, effective and sustainable digitally-enabled models of care".
The Health-e Together Digital Care grants offer an opportunity for General Practice, Aboriginal Medical Services and Allied Health practioners to upgrade or implement digital health foundational services and supports. There is also a dedicated grant stream for improving telehealth services into Residential Aged Care facilities.
These grants will assist with building digital health foundations and standardising digital platforms in primary healthcare services across the region.
The $5,000 grants are designed to supplement the provision and delivery of items such as:
- video conferencing equipment, e.g., quality headsets with microphones or quality webcams
- compliant software subscription
- decision support tool that encourages the use of telehealth video calls
- promotion of digital care navigation services and resources that assist patients' health literacy
- addition of an online booking system
- addition of a telehealth decision support tool to encourage telehealth video calls
Other Digital Health improvements:
- training on cyber security risks and actions for practices and healthcare providers
- implementation of a Secure Messaging solution
- remote patient monitoring
- technology solution for management of low acuity mental health
- upgrade patient database to Structured Query Language (SQL) standard – general practice and AMS stream only
- cost of training time for providers to implement MyHealthRecord (MHR) and eReferrals – Allied Health Practitioner stream only
Applying for these grants is simple – just select the option below that best describes your objective related to improving your digital health platforms.
Each grant stream has a limited number of grants available and will be closed on the 20th May unless fully subscribed to earlier.
AN ORGANISATION MAY APPLY FOR ONE GRANT STREAM ONLY.
MULITPLE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Stream One - General Practice and AMS
You are a General Practice or an Aboriginal Medical Service looking to upgrade your digital capabilities for your overall patient cohort.
Stream One is now closed.
Stream Two - Allied Health Practitioners
You are an Allied Health Practitioner looking to upgrade your digital capabilities for your overall patient cohort.
Stream Two has now closed, however the PHN is collecting Expressions of Interest from organisations that would be interested in receiving a digital health grant in the future. If you are interested in improving your digital health capabilities as per the grant guidelines, please fill out the application form for Stream Two. Please note, this is NOT a guarantee of funding. Expressions of Interest close June 10.
Stream Three - Supporting Residential Aged Care Facilities
You are a General Practice, Aboriginal Medical Service or Allied Health Practitioner looking to upgrade your digital capabilities for servicing patients with Residential Aged Care facilities. Grant funding can be put towards items that have been purchased within the last 12 months or towards something new (e.g. purchase of video conferencing equipment or a software subscription).
Stream Three is now closed.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org and your query will be responded to within 3 business days.