Remember to stay home if you’re not feeling well. Create a kit with medicines and food in case you do get sick and need to stay home
Vaccination is the most effective measure to protect us from infectious diseases. They give us immunity and help to protect vulnerable people in our community.
Leave the emergency department for emergencies and know your other options for medical help.
Winter Health Tips
View our brief videos featuring two of the region's GPs offering winter health tips to help you stay healthy during the flu season.
Know where to go
In an emergency phone 000 immediately for an ambulance or visit the closest hospital Emergency Department.
The hospital emergency department is for major, life-threatening illnesses and injuries.
There are other places you can go for help if your simply feeling unwell, or have a minor injury or illness?
Visit www.patientinfo.org.au for after hours medical care specific to your area.
- Use the HealthDirect online Symptom Checker to find out if you need to seek medical help
- Call the HealthDirect hotline to speak to a registered nurse on 1800 022 222
- Speak to a pharmacist - for local pharmacy opening hours, go to www.findapharmacy.com.au
- Call your GP - after hours care may be available through your normal general practitioner
- Visit www.healthdirect.gov.au and use the HealthDirect Health Service Directory to find an alternate GP
Patient info is your health information portal with locally curated health information from local health professionals.
- Up to date
- Locally relevant
- Easy to understand
- Free of advertising
Patientinfo aims to help people understand and manage their health conditions. It does not replace care provided by doctors and other health professionals.