Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network (PHN) is calling for expressions of interest from 2 passionate and experienced General Practitioners to represent the PHN at the Local Health District Clinical Council.
- 1 x GP from a Hunter New England MMM region 1 – 2 and
- x GP from a Hunter New England region MMM 3 – 5
(MMM Classification list)
The PHN has been invited to nominate two practising GPs to the Hunter New England Local Health District Clinical Council.
The Local Health District Clinical Council will provide a forum for clinicians to provide strategic advice to the LHD Board and the LHD Chief Executive on issues relating to clinical leadership and engagement, clinical service delivery, quality and safety and other relevant matters.
The Local Health District Clinical Council will assist HNE Health to be positioned to meet the challenges of:
- Improving quality and safety
- Effective and efficient allocation of clinical services within the Local Health District
- Translating national best practice into local delivery of health services
- Introducing innovative solutions that best address the needs of local communities.
- Setting a common strategic direction
- Encouraging communication, transparency, and accountability
- Building effective partnerships between members of the health care team
The PHN are also particularly interested in hearing from clinicians who have experience in:
- Working with diverse populations
- Addressing health inequities
- Implementing change and innovation
- Collaborating with other stakeholders
Responsibilities of the nominated members include:
- Attending monthly District Clinical Council meetings (Wednesday 1700-1815 hrs) and.
- Will be required provide a report/update to the District Clinical Council on a yearly basis and take information from the District Clinical Council back to the PHN through the Executive Manager Primary Care Improvement.
- Provide a report back to the PHN each month following the District Clinical Council Meetings
To apply, please submit a brief expression of interest (no more than 2 pages) that includes the following information:
- Your name, contact details, and qualifications.
- Your practice location (suburb)
- Your current role and experience
- Your reasons for wanting to join the Council
- Any specific areas of expertise or interest that you have
Remuneration will be discussed with the preferred applicants.
Please submit your expression of interest to John Baillie Executive Manager Primary Care Improvement. email@example.com by 24 November 2023.