Member Assistance Program
Last updated December 12, 2023
The PHN is pleased to provide access to its Member Assistance Program (MAP) for employees of General Practices and Allied Health Practices and their immediate family members working and residing in the Hunter, New England and Central Coast regions.
Employees and their immediate family members can access three (3) free, voluntary, confidential counselling sessions. Telehealth sessions are available.
The program is able to assist when personal, family or work-related concerns are impacting on the health or quality of life. It can also provide guidance if it is needed on professional or personal goals.
Some reasons people may reach out include;
- Improving relationships and communication with others
- Facing crisis and trauma
- Grief and loss support
- Strategies for handling conflict with colleagues or managers
- Facing alcohol, drug or gambling addictions
- Handling anxiety and stress effectively
- Feeling depressed or down
- Improving work performance
- Assistance with financial and legal distress
To ensure personalised service, contact the dedicated MAP number of 1800 931 711 and advise them what practice/business you belong to and that you are accessing the HNECC PHN account.
Confidentiality is assured and your name and practice will not be disclosed to the PHN or your General Practice/Business. More information on the program is available by downloading the MAP brochure below.