Lumos is a partnership initiative between the Hunter New England and Central Coast Primary Health Network and the NSW Ministry of Health to assist practices gain a stronger understanding of their patients’ journey across the health system. It is an ethically approved program that securely links data across primary, ambulatory and acute care.
Lumos presents a unique opportunity to improve patient care through actionable knowledge.
When consent has been received from a practice to allow de-identified data about patients to be extracted, it can be used to:
- Generate insights into patient journeys across the healthcare system
- Identify current and emerging population health issues
- Improve patient experience and quality of care
- Inform data driven quality improvement and system redesign responses
A rigorous governance and ethical framework is overseeing and ensuring the integrity of the Lumos project.
The Benefits to your Practice
Lumos will support your practice to gain an unprecedented understanding of your patients and how they are interacting with the health system via detailed reports issued every 6 months.
Reports can show:
- How often your patients frequently and infrequently go to hospital?
- Over an average 24-hour period, for patients of your practice, when do potentially avoidable
- Emergency Department visits occur?
- How many of your patients presented to emergency departments, had hospital admissions or died?
This will enable you to:
- Better understand your patient and practice profile compared to your region
- Demonstrate and improve the quality of patient care your practice provides
- Support data driven quality improvement activities and participation in related programs
- Create an evidence base to support areas of future investment in primary care
- Provide a better understanding of the patient experience of health services
- Improve provider experience through greater collaboration.
Want to know more?
If you are interested to learn more about this initiative please contact Lauren Stocks, Lumos Project Officer on email@example.com.