Last updated April 26, 2023
The healthcare industry is a prime target for cyber crime due to the potential value of health data. It is vital that healthcare organisations put in place mechanisms to protect against to cyberattack and to minimise the impact to their business and patients should they be subject to a successful attack. This can include:
- Having fit for purpose cybersecurity software and IT architecture.
- Building a human firewall through staff awareness of cybersecurity issues and common threats.
- Using strong passwords and multi factor authentication.
- Daily backup of data, stored offsite.
- Have in place a tested disaster recovery plan which can be enacted in the event of a successful attack.
For further information please visit the Australian Digital Health Agency