The PHN is dedicated to supporting General Practices across the region to achieve and maintain the standards required for Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) accreditation. General Practices can access resources and information to assist with preparation for accreditation along with the support provided by commercial accreditation service providers.
The PHN can assist your practice in identifying activities including implementing quality improvement to support accreditation. The focus on quality improvement activities during accreditation encourages your practice to identify opportunities that will result in improved systems, processes, data and practice effectiveness.
Renee Wood is The PHN support lead for Accreditation. Renee can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or through your Primary Care Improvement Officer.
Data and Dashboard
The PHN provides free licencing to the PENCS suite of products (It combines platforms of the Clinical Audit Tool (CAT4), PAT CAT and Topbar) for the extraction of data from general practices to support with:
- Quality Improvement
- Accreditation standards
- Practice Incentive Program (PIP) Quality Improvement (QI)
- Population Health planning/support (Comprehensive General Dashboard Reports)
It is compatible with most of the General Practice Clinical Information Systems (CIS). All identifiable data extracted from a Clinical Information System using CAT Plus is securely stored within the practice and not moved offsite.
For more information on the PCS suite of tools please visit https://www.pencs.com.au/ and for more information and support with General Practice Data please contact your PCIO.
Community of Practice
Join the Accreditation Community of Practice
- This PHN’s Communities of Practice are open to primary care providers within the Hunter, New England & Central Coast Primary Health Network region to share ideas and resources to support quality improvement activities.
- Anyone associated with a primary care organisation in the HNECC region is welcome to request membership of the Primary Care QI CoP.
- Evidence of employment in a primary care organisation or evidence of working closely with primary care clinicians will be required.
- Please note that any resources contributed to this site can be viewed by members of that CoP and by sharing them you agree that others can use and adapt them freely.
To join the Community of Practice for Accreditation, please email Amy Callinan at email@example.com.
Royal Australian College of General Practitioners - Standards for General Practices - 5th Edition
Accreditation Providers available for practices to choose from to gain accreditation against the Standards: